The Valle Crucis Community Park contains 23 acres of natural beauty with park amenities including a children’s playground, soccer fields, picnic shelters, and a one-mile paved loop trail for walking, roller blading, or running. It is also a great place for birdwatching in the early morning.
The Park hosts several events each year including the Watauga River Fest in August and Music in the Valle beginning in mid June and running through early September. It is supported by donations from those in the community and from the groups and individuals that find it a beautiful site to enjoy.
An early morning birdwatching walk is available at the Park on Wednesday mornings from March through October. Please call 828-265-0198 for more information.
If you would like more information on the Valle Crucis Park, you can visit their website at ValleCrucisPark.org or call the Park Office at 828-963-9239.
Music in the Park 2010 Schedule
All performances begin at 7 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
- May 28 – Sheets Family Band – Traditional Bluegrass
- June 4 – The Worthless Son-in-Laws – Indie Folk
- June 11 – Sugar Grove Sweet Talkers – Traditional Bluegrass
- June 18 – Leftover Bluegrass – Bluegrass
- June 25 – Upright & Breathing – Funky Bluegrass
- July 2- Creekside Grass – Bluegrass
- July 9 – The Neighbors – Bluegrass
- July 16 – Kent Doobrow & The Other Brothers – Indie Rock
- July 23 – Cruize Control – Beach Music
- July 30 – Southern Accent – Bluegrass Gospel
- August 6 – Rich Lerner and the Groove
- August 13 – Big Bad Swing – Swing Music
- August 20 – The Blue Notes Dixieland Jazz Band – Dixieland Jazz
- August 27 – The Wild Rumpus -Wide Open Fun Bluegrass
- September 3 – The Forget-Me-Nots – Celtic, Classical (6 p.m.)
- September 10 – Surefire – Bluegrass (6 p.m.)